NUX NSS-5 Solid Studio IR and Power Amp Simulator
Retail Price: R3,295.00
Your Price: R2,599.00
From R247.00 x 12 months
In Stock - When do I receive my order?
Buy this item and earn 2,260 "My Audio Rewards" valued at R11.30.
The New Era of Mic-ing!
NUX Solid Studio was created and designed to address: limited gear availability, and the cumbersome transport reality of physical amp/speaker cabinets.
NUX is proud to introduce the new Verdugo series Solid Studio IR and Power Amp simulator, a pedal version of the most classic amp/cabinet scenarios including microphones and power amp tubes. Over many years of research, Solid Studio was specifically developed to fill the essential needs of discerning musicians and sound technicians, including the art of mic-ing instrument amplifiers on stage or in the studio. Solid Studio provides ease-of-use, reliability, versatility, and, above all, incredible audio quality.
Virtual mic-ing is achieved by choosing 1 cabinet and 1 microphone, and fine-tuning the position of the microphone using the mic position switch. Plus, you can add the tube sound by engaging the power amp simulation.
Solid Studio comes with 8 speaker cabinet simulations. All the cabinet models inside the Solid Studio are sounds great as original as the way it feels.
And there are 8 microphone models you can combine with any cabinets. Also, you can adjust microphone position for fine tuning.
Solid Studio Power Amp Simulation produces a warm tube-like sound and you can choose one of three power tubes for your essential sound needs.
All the brand and model names mentioned on this page are Trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with NUX Effects and Cherub Technology CO. LTD.
NUX Solid Studio has 6.35mm mono input with input signal level toggle switch (-10dB / +4dB). And it has 3 outputs; simulation dedicated (TRS) STEREO OUTPUT and DI OUT, and a bypass "THRU" output.
Solid Studio offers a variety of connection ways and it can fit any desired spot on your signal chain to use all the cabinet/mic simulations efficient.
- You can place the Solid Studio at the end of your pedal board, and you can send the simulated sound to the mixer while you can send your original signal to the amp. It's an alternate option for amp / cabinet mic-ing on stage.
- Direct connection to mixer or audio interface for recording. It gives more alternative cabinet options to record your favourite amplifier sound, especially if there is no chance to use any loudspeaker.
- You can place the Solid Studio between the amp and the cabinet. You can send the loud signal from the amp's cabinet output to the Solid Studio, and you can send the original signal to the cabinet, simulated signal to the mixer/audio interface.
When you use the advanced connection method:
The amplifier's speaker output must be connected to the Solid Studio's input by a SPEAKER CABLE
The Solid Studio's input mode must be switched to +4 dB
The Solid Studio's THRU output must be connected to the speaker cabinet's input by a SPEAKER CABLE
The Solid Studio's output mode must be selected as SPK (SPEAKER)
BEFORE YOU PLAY:
MAKE SURE THAT ALL THE CABLES ARE CONNECTED AND SPEAKER MODE IS SET, TO AVOID THE POSSIBLE DAMAGE TO YOUR AMPLIFIER.
IR file support
You can easily emulate the sound of any guitar cabinet by loading different IR (Impulse response) files to NUX Solid Studio.
Technically, the Most Realistic IR Loader: Solid Studio
The Solid Studios IR resolution is 2048 samples and 46ms. Talking about numbers, IR quality can be measured with the sample resolution and its scaled with milliseconds. On this calculation, 1024 samples equal to 20ms capturing length and this is the common quality standard in the market right now. And one of the well-known profiler gear offers 2048 samples / 40ms length.
What makes the Solid Studio unique It offers 46ms length which means it can perfectly read all the frequencies. Comparing the length, 20ms is already enough to capture a sound profile with an efficient result but its not enough to catch the lower frequencies. That's why the high-quality gears usually provide the 40ms length - it means higher resolution and better quality.
(If you are interested to read more advanced details click here)
The highest resolution quality limit of the IR is 50ms, It is the REAL sound not realistic..
Considering all the process on the signal from your guitar to your ear, Solid Studio delivers the signal faster than blink of an eye with the greatest result. Because of Solid Studios high-quality processor and perfect algorithm, high quality IR gear comes with the fastest speed. As a result; signal latency from input to output is less than 1ms.
Many of the IR equipment's signal latency is around 2ms, also each pedal on the signal chain also increases the signal path and that increases the latency too. For example, the fastest multi-effect pedal needs 2ms to deliver the sound, if you use an IR equipment with the multi-effect pedal, the latency will be 4ms and a guitar player can ~barely~ feel that. If its more than 5ms its obviously slow and its not able to play.
You can capture any speaker's profile easily with Solid Studio. Create your own IR file and save it.
First, make all the connections (you can see the picture below)
- Adjust the microphone position and connect to the Mic Preamp
- Mic Preamp Output to Solid Studio Input
- Solid Studio Output to Power Amp in / Return
Now follow these steps;
- Push and hold both footswitches on Solid Studio and plug in the power cable. Solid Studio will start running in IR capturing mode
- Select the save position on Solid Studio, you can dial up any presets you want. Choose a speaker cabinet, mic position and a microphone (and please note it). This will be your presets recall position as long as you keep the file here. 8 Speaker Cabinets x 3 Microphone positions x 8 Microphones = 192 dial up positions
- Press CAB/MIC footswitch ~ and it will capture the profile. Usually it takes couple of seconds, just wait until the LED's stops blinking.
Your very own Impulse Response file is ready to rock!
NUX PA-50 Full-Range Flat-Response Personal Monitor (FRFR)
You can get the real experience of Solid Studio with NUX PA-50 Personal Monitor, the second channel of the monitor is a Full Range Flat Response input. When you connect the Solid Studio thru that input, you can get the characteristic sound of the selected speaker profile from built-in or loaded IR file. NUX PA-50 can reflect any of your favourite speaker cabinet sound.
Questions about this product?
AudioMart's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable Professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies.
They are available to offer you personalized product advice any time you need it.